Once the leak occurs the main water valve needs to be shut off and you need to call a Sacramento plumber before structural damage occurs. We can help.
Ace can provide annual plumbing checkups to prevent leaks and our technicians are trained to deal swiftly with leaks as soon as they're discovered.
If you suspect or discover a water leak, follow these steps:
- Turn all water-using appliances off. Turn off all showers, sinks, washing machines, sprinklers, and water spigots. Shut off any double check valve assemblies (DCVA) for the sprinkler system.
- Check your water meter. The triangular red or silver and black disc is often called a "leak indicator."
- If you see it spinning, and you've shut off all water usage, you probably have a leak.
- Shut off your main shut-off valve to your house, usually located near the meter box.
- Call Ace, the leaders in Sacramento plumbing as soon as possible.
As the name suggests, 'slab' leaks are those that occur under your foundation. Often these show up as a damp area on your floor, carpet, or foundation. Ace can identify and find leaks under the slab and fix them so that foundation repairs are not needed.
There are usually two kinds of slab leaks—sewer leaks and leaks in water lines. When water lines are leaking, you will notice an increase in your water bill. Even a tiny hole in a water line can leak over 10,000 gallons a month. Sewer leaks can hide for years with out your knowledge. Sometimes sewer leaks can cause the soil around the line to swell, but often there is no signs of the leak.
We provide water leak and slab leak detection and repair services in Sacramento, Folsom, Fair Oaks, Davis, Woodland, Lincoln, Rocklin, Roseville, Elk Grove, Galt, Granite Bay, El Dorado Hills, Mather, Rancho Cordova, Citrus Heights, West Sacramento and all the communities between. Call us for an estimate or plumber dispatch.